North Devon & Cornwall
Lake Villa is the perfect destination if you fancy wandering in the meadow with the dog, teaching the kids to fish by
the lake, play tennis in the garden, swinging in trees, BBQ by the lake cabin, star gazing at unpolluted skies,
explore local attractions, or playing Scrabble. Full days exploring the North Devon/Cornwall coast, spotting the kingfisher or enjoying a G&T while admiring the views.
Ten suggestions of things to do on a holiday with us
1. Walk up the lane to our lakes with a bottle and relax in the peace. You can fish using the equipment in the cabin or spot the wonderful wildlife. On a clear night go down in the evening and watch the stars in an unpolluted sky.
2. Sandymouth Beach at low tide is stunning - the perfect beach for climbing, rock pooling, bodyboarding, surfing and long walks along the beach or along the South West Coastal path, both dog heaven. Great burger at the cafe too!
3. Walk to the Bradworthy Inn for a pint or two, In the summer sit in the garden under the church, in the winter by the fire side (dogs and kids welcome)
4. Hartland Point, wild and windy with great walks in both directions - stunning views with a great cafe. Open 7 days a week from 10am - 5pm from Easter until October
5. Have a game of tennis on our court in the garden (you will find bats under the stairs)
6. Bude Sea pool - is a semi-natural pool that has provided a haven for free and safe bathing and other water-based activities since the 1930's. Take a walk along the canal or at low tide walk from Summerleaze beach to Northcott Mouth. Bude is also good for a wander around the shops
7. Tamar Lakes - these two lakes offer a variety of activities including watersports, angling, walking, cycling. There is a large cafe and an adventure area for the kids.
8. Walk locally on Bradworthy Moor, a local nature reserve of ancient culm grassland, or explore sections of the south west coastal path
9. Take a surf lesson at Widemouth Bay
(or any other) sandymouthsurfschool.co.uk freewavesurfacademy.co.uk
10. If its a rainy day head to village.co.uk outlet shopping centre, bowling etc or venture to the rebelcinema.co.uk in Bude or see whats going on at the